Welcome to the Presidio San Agustín del Tucson Museum
The Presidio San Agustín del Tucson Museum is a re-creation of the Tucson Presidio built in 1775. Visitors travel back in time to learn about life as early Tucsonans would have lived it. Docent tours discuss life in the Santa Cruz Valley for early Native Americans, Presidio residents and Territorial Period settlers. See the archaeological remains of a pit house, walk along the original Presidio wall and experience a 150 year old classic Sonoran Row house.
Its Time To Party!
Tucson's 243rd Birthday Events In August:
Los Descendientes del Presidio Gala:
S-Cuk Son “The Birthplace of Tucson”
Saturday, August 18th 6:00 p.m.
Tucson Convention Center, 260 South Church Avenue
-Honoring Josefina Cardenas, Diana Hadley, Austin Nuñez, and Steve Leal
- Honorable Mentions: Alexandra Jimenez Soto, Roni Capin Rivera-Ashford , Silviana Wood
-Honorary Co-Chairs: Dr. Richard and Mrs. Diana Carmona
- Silent auction
- Dance music by Hiram Perez
Tickets $85 at www.descendientes.org
Southern Arizona Transportation Museum Birthday Celebration - Free
Sunday, August 19th 12:00 Noon
Historic Amtrak Depot, 414 N. Toole Avenue
-Mayor Jonathan Rothschild presenting the City’s proclamation
-Southern Comfort Blue Grass Band
-Appearances by Las Doñas
Tucson’s 243rd Birthday Party and Happy Hour
Presented by the Tucson-Pima County Historical Commission in partnership with the Presidio San Agustin del Tucson Museum
Monday, August 20th 5:00‒7:30 p.m.
La Cocina Restaurant, 201 N. Court Avenue
- Happy hour! No host bar and taco bar.
- Live performances on the LaCo stage: Los Changuitos Feos and Gertie and the T.O. Boyz!
- Emcee Supervisor Richard Elias and VIP guests including Mayor Jonathan Rothschild
-Free birthday cake made by Pastry Chef Nick Carson of La Cocina Restaurant (chocolate fig and vanilla mesquite!)
- Special unveiling of new Presidio Museum sign at 4:15 p.m. on Church Avenue and Washington, sponsored by Las Doñas
- Free one-hour tour of the Presidio District with historian Ken Scoville begins at 7:30 p.m.
www.TucsonPresidio.com (this website)