Renting the Presidio for Events
The Presidio allows event hosts to add a touch of history to their weddings, receptions, dinners and parties. All event set-up must begin after the Museum closes, which is at 4 pm, unless arranged with Presidio administration in advance. Two spaces in the Presidio are available for rent and are listed below.
The Territorial Patio is an intimate space that can accommodate the following number of people based on the seating arrangement:
- 70 people for a sit-down meal seated at 5-foot round tables
- 75 for a reception with cocktail tables
- 95 people for a sit-down meal seated at 6 foot rectangular tables
- 100 for any kind of concert or seminar with chairs placed in rows
The Entire Presidio Enclosure includes both the Territorial Patio and the Presidio Courtyard, allowing for different activities to occur in each area or to accommodate larger groups. The two spaces together can accommodate the following number of people based on the seating arrangement:
- 300 for a sit-down meal seated at 6-foot round tables
- 375 for a reception with cocktail tables
- Any large concert or seminar would have to be done in the Presidio Courtyard.
Additional historic demonstrations can be reserved for an extra fee upon availability:
* Soldier Demonstration with musket firing – Includes an explanation of the uniforms, equipment, training, and the firing of a musket, 20 minutes firing demonstration plus a half-hour of background “entertainment,” informal interpretive question and answer with guests
* Old and New World Food Display – 1 hour demo. Best presented as background “entertainment”, informal interpretive question and answer with guests. This display presents foods brought from the Old World and harvested here as well as native foods found locally that were staples for Native Americans and settlers alike.
* Fresh hand-made tortillas and tasting demonstration by Señoras of the Presidio – two hours
* Cotton/Wool Carding, Spinning, and Weaving on a loom – 1 hour demo. Best presented as background “entertainment”, informal interpretive question and answer with guests. Señoras of the Presidio demonstrate an important skill of the period including carding cotton bolls that have come directly from the plant, spinning the fibers into yarn on a drop spindle or on spinning wheel.
* Off-Site Walking Tour of Original Presidio Footprint – 45 minutes. Maximum 20 people per Museum guide. Walk back in time along the footprint of the original Presidio. As you walk by today’s city buildings you will envision the stables, Comandante’s home, and main gate of the original Presidio along with many other details.
Tables, Chairs, Event Supply Rentals
Event hosts also have access to 100 chairs, 25 6-foot rectangular tables, and 8 5-foot round tables. Linen rentals are strongly suggested if using these tables. Linens are NOT available for these tables on site. Any other facility and event needs must be rented and delivered by a third party. This includes linens, heat lamps, stanchions, sound equipment, pedestals and altars. A list of local party supply vendors can be provided.
Rental Fees, Deposit and Final Payment
Please contact April Bourie at the phone number or email below. Upon booking, a $100 deposit is due to hold the space. Should the event be cancelled more than one month out, the deposit will be refunded. Cancellation less than once month out will result in the Presidio Museum retaining the entire deposit.
Presidio Museum Rental Contact:
April Bourie, Marketing & Sales Director
Presidio San Agustín del Tucson
196 N. Court Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85701
Both restaurants are located within a block of the Presidio Museum and offer great food at a good price. Standard buffet menus are available, but customized menus for any occassion can also be created. Event hosts should plan their food directly with the caterer and pay them directly.
The Presidio Museum has a site specific liquor license. This just means that you may work directly with your caterer to plan your bar needs and then they will work with us to order whatever you decide on. Billing for alcohol will be sent to you directly from the Presidio Museum.