Job title: Facility and Venue Assistant
Reporting to: Executive Director
Hours: Approximately 8 hours a week/part-time. Somewhat flexible, can plan ahead.
Some evenings and weekends.
Location: 196 N Court Avenue. Tucson, AZ 85701
Start date: Immediate. Job open until filled
Purpose of the position
This position is responsible for basic maintenance, handyman jobs on site and some landscaping. It also supports various special events with physical transport of tables, chairs and other furniture and provides customer support for some evening and weekend venue rentals.
Main responsibilities & duties include
▌General Maintenance –
- Provide general repairs, upkeep and improvements to facility while staying mission focused and being cognizant of historic preservation of site.
- Perform general handyman jobs.
- Interact with contracted custodial service. Support them as needed with maintenance and unusual cleaning.
- Interact with Gardens Manager. Support them as needed with some landscaping.
- Maintain inventory of facility tools and maintenance equipment. Order supplies as needed.
- Communicate with City of Tucson Maintenance Department when major maintenance is needed. Maintain communication with City on long-term maintenance needs.
▌Public Programming Support
- Provide set-up and take-down of tables, chairs etc. for public programs and special events.
- Cut fire wood in advance of certain programs and field trips
▌Venue Rental Customer Service
- Act as site representative, be on-site for client support for some venue rentals (weekends and evenings).
▌Other Responsibilities – The Presidio Museum is a small non-profit organization with a small team of staff. We expect employees to contribute where needed.
401k matching program after 3 months.
Academic & trades qualifications
|Education||High school diploma is required. Construction and/or handy skills needed.|
|Work Experience||Facility or construction experience preferred|
Personal qualities & behavioural traits
|Communication Skills||Professional communication skills needed for lots of interaction with the public and with Presidio Museum volunteers. Strong service skills.|
|Dependability||Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.|
|Initiative||Initiative to do what needs to be done as a team member|
|Organized||Prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.|
|Integrity/Honesty||High integrity for safeguarding administrative information or personal information of volunteers.|
|Executive Director||This position is overseen by the Executive Director. All questions and concerns should be directed to him/her.|
|This job operates primarily outdoors. The role routinely requires use of maintenance equipment. The job is physically demanding with lifting of heavy items regularly.|
Send application and references to:
196 N. Court Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85701