Dia de los Muertos 2019
CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS: DIA DE LOS MUERTOS OFRENDAS
We invite you to participate! All are welcome:
We invite the public and school groups to participate in creating Ofrendas (altars) for this year’s Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) celebration and Tucson’s All Souls Procession Weekend. The Ofrenda exhibition, honoring loved ones and remembering those who have passed, is truly the heart and soul of this important cultural event.
Ofrendas may honor any person or theme of your choice – family, military heroes, celebrities, writers, activists, community leaders, or organizations, etc.
The Ofrendas will be setup in the South Exhibit Room and the Territorial Patio of the Presidio San Agustin del Tucson Museum located at 196 N. Court Avenue, Tucson. Ofrendas will be on display to paying customers Wednesday thru Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., beginning Saturday, October 26 to Saturday, November 10, 2019. The Presidio will be closed and locked at all other times.
- Saturday, October 19, 2019: Deadline to Register – form must be received by 4:00 p.m. at the Presidio San Agustin del Tucson Museum.
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 9:00 am to 7:00 pm: Install altar in Museum exhibit rooms, 196 N. Court Avenue, Tucson.
- October 26 to November 10, 2019, Wed-Sun. 10:00 am to 4:00 pm: Altars open to visitors.
Monday, November 11, 2018, 9:00 am to 7:00 pm: Pack up and remove altar items from the PresiioM useum.
WE HAVE ROOM FOR SIX (6) ALTARS. SOOOO get your application forms in as quickly as possible.
There are 3 steps to reserve one of the Six Altar SITES:
- Print altar sign up and instruction form.
- Print agreement & waiver form, sign it, and attach it to your altar sign up form.
- Deliver, email or mail forms to Tucson Presidio Trust for Historic Preservation, 196 N. Court Avenue, Tucson, Arizona 85701.
We want to thank you for your participation with this amazing event. We look forward to working with you. If you have any questions please contact Rachel or Monica. Thank you.
Altar Program Directors
Rachel Ruiz Pollack, (520) 305-6342 email@example.com
Bottom of Form