Native Nations Demonstrations and Craft Market
Saturday, May 15
9 am – 1 pm
Visitors will see the following Native artists at work making baskets, jewelry and other crafts. Several craft items – and fry bread – will be for sale:
- Daniel Laguna and John Reno – wire basket weaver
- Homer Marks – wood carver
- Vivian Enos – beadwork
- Sherrie Cruz – selling Indian frybread – sweet and savory toppings
- Renee Cruz – beadwork
- Amelia Martinez – shell jewelry
- Paula Ignacio – contemporary Native American beadwork
- Allen Denoyer – Flintknapping demonstration
- San Xavier Co-op – farms traditional crops of the Tohono O’odham. The organization will conduct a Wheat Berry Salad cooking demonstration and also sell dry goods, grains and baked goods
- Taking Up Space – is a nonprofit organization mentoring Native American girls in Science, Technology, Engineering, Indigenous Art, and Mathematics (STEAM), Indigenous Storytelling and aerospace. All proceeds go to send their girls to Space Camp. The organization will conduct STEAM demonstrations.
More activities are planned! Check back regularly for an update! This event is included with admission.