The Turquoise Trail
The Turquoise Trail (formerly called the Presidio Trail) is a 2 ½ mile long loop trail through downtown Tucson that highlights structures and sites of historic interest and is marked by a turquoise stripe on the sidewalk. It begins at the site of the northeast corner of the reconstructed Presidio San Agustin del Tucson, founded in 1775. This presidio or fort was the first European structure in urban Tucson , constructed by the Spanish to mark the northern frontier of the Spanish empire in the Americas. The trail was created by the Tucson Presidio Trust for Historic Preservation. You can pick up walking tour brochures at the Presidio Museum or at the Tucson Visitors Center located at 811 N. Euclid Avenue on the corner of Euclid and University, adjacent to Main Gate Square. Download a map by clicking here.
Guided walking tours are also available through the Presidio Museum from 10 am to 12:30 pm on the third Saturday of the month from October through April. Click here for more information.